Saturday, October 10, 2009

Baby Girl Lounge Pants

100_8515

From unused turtleneck shirt to Lounge Pants for my G’Baby Girl. Gotta love ’em! This is the second pair I whipped up today… The first pair I made from one of my son’s thermal shirts… sew cute… pun intended. They are so easy and there is literally no cost other than the elastic. Can’t beat that. If you would like to find out how to make some for your little one, go HERE.

I do a slight variation on her pattern. I work from the inside out… by matching up the side seams and putting the fold down the center of the front and back of the shirt it allows you to use more of the t-shirt… which makes for longer pants. When your little one has long legs like our little miss Ashelyn you will appreciate this option. The crotch somewhat mirrors where the arm holes were. I think you get the picture. Just flip the pattern and work from the fold. It works like a dream.

1 comments:

Kim said...

Sure wish you could squeeze a pair out for me - any giants willing to give up their shirts? ha ha! Seriously, those little pants look soooo comfortable - lucky little girl - great job!!