Saturday, January 9, 2010

Repurposing… Come On… It’s Fun!

So I’ve been havin’ a little fun this week… cleaning out the closet… baby steps… so much left to do, but so many ideas… What’s next on the agenda.

Have I mentioned I LOVE “One Pretty Thing”!!! I have so much fun seeing what other great bloggers have come up with and which things I might attempt. Here are a few I tried out…

100_9250 Ruffled scarf… from little scraps of left over fleece… Love it… need to make a few minor adjustments.

100_9253 ok… I saw this somewhere from a repurposed sweater… help me out here! I can’t find it again. I made it from memory… but I wanted to give the bloggy love to the person who originally posted the idea… this is for Miss Ashelyn. Okay… YEAH!!!… I found this idea HERE! Check it out… she gives great directions.

100_9254

The body of the sweater became the cute little hat for Ashelyn… then the left over sleeves became half gloves for me… I must confess, I got this idea from blogland too! Can I tell you where… nope, can’t find it anymore… bummer… I’m going to have to do a better job of bookmarking all ideas I’m interested in trying.

This last scarf is from a repurposed skirt… I LOVE IT… so warm and toasty for the neck… I decided it needs some pretty black fringe for the edges tho.

100_9251

Now a question for blogland??? Can a girl have too many scarves??? Hmmmm… It’s really all about accessories… I love, love, love them.

100_9252

I knit the white and the blue striped fluffy ones… and some how or another have collected the others along the way. I wear them all… I have more… and people add to my stash. Well??? What do you think?

Oh… I have to show you one more stellar find…. These are so warm and toasty too!

100_9248 

With all the snow Missouri has been getting… these are getting a lot of wear. Misty and I found them last week… and ya know what? I’ve managed to wear them way more than I should… I might have to pick up an alternate pair.

I better sign off now… It’s way past my bed time.

Hey, has anyone out there watched “The Guardian” with Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher? Did you like it? Can I just say… way longer than it needed to be and dumbest ending EVER!!!

0 comments: