Sunday, January 6, 2008

The New Year Brings Changes...

This week the Young Women's Presidency was released from Kearney Third Ward and a wonderful new group of sisters were called to take over. I am saddened to leave my calling with the YW after seven short months. What a wonderful, funny, inspiring, sweet group of young women. I loved them each and everyone and feel so blessed to have been able to serve them if only for a short time. The Bishop told me when I was released to enjoy my free time, be it a day or a week or a month. Isn't funny, I just feel lost. Even when I felt stressed with the restraints of juggling family, work, church and health... and maybe dreaded having to leave the house after a tiring day at work, I was always thrilled with my time with our girls. Unfortunately I think I gained more than I was able to give. I am thankful for the opportunity I was given to serve them and hope to have a new calling very soon.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know how much you loved that calling. I was sad to hear your name called to be released. I'm not one to adjust to change very quickly, but once I give in to it, I find that everything turns out just fine.

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

darn releases! I am sure that whatever lies ahead you will be wonderful at. How does being the wife of a Bishop sound. Just rumors I heard....won't name the source!!:0

The Smiths said...

Love the bishop comment!!! Hey enjoy your free time, you never know what will be next. You know how much I loved being in Young Women and I know you loved it too. There is just something special about it. I am sure the young women loved you too. Hang in there, Jeff & I loved nursery too after I got released. You would be great!!