Sunday, December 13, 2009

Take Two…

A second coat of glue and salt and topped off with ribbon hangers and they look presentable… thank goodness.

100_9138 Next up… I made some salt scrubs with all kinds of yummy scents. What girl doesn’t love a good salt scrub?

100_9139

We have here: Chocolate Peppermint, Chocolate (with a little orange undertones), Peppermint, Apple~Jack (apple and cinnamon), and Orange Spearmint!

These are so easy to make… all you need:

  • Epsom Salt
  • Olive Oil
  • Raw Sugar
  • Essential Oils of Your Choice for Scents
  • Food Coloring if desired
  • I used cooking Cocoa for the Chocolate Scrubs… yummy, yummy!

And there you have it. I just dump the Epsom salt in a bowl and start pouring in everything else… it just takes a very small amount of oil… and don’t overdo the scents… less is more.

Ok… Now I’ll show you my failed attempt at Cinnamon Applesauce ornaments… don’t laugh to loud and long… not every thing is a success… that’s for dang sure. They were so pathetically ugly that I painted them with glitter paint… STILL UBER UGLY!!! But they do smell good. They’re misshapen  and probably belong on the Isle of Misfit Ornaments. This is the second time I’ve tried this and I’m pretty sure the last.

100_9140

1 comments:

Julie said...

Well, all of us have those opps. They may make a pretty hockey puck... :o)
Thanks for the salt scrub recipe. And one question....
could is use regular glue with the epson salt snow? I love the look but don't think I have any more mod podge.
I love it all, thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas and God Bless to you and yours.