Thursday, March 6, 2008

Beautiful Words Which Inspire...

As most of you know I love music... I love the sound, I love how it makes me feel, I love how it makes me happy and takes me places, I love how it can inspire me to be a better me. I am so thankful for the gift of song in my life. Here are the words to a beautiful song my Young Women's Choir sang for New Beginnings. Maybe you've heard it, if not, I hope you love the words as much as I do.

I Will Stand
I'm here for a purpose with differences to make
In the final season, important steps to take
but I can not succeed here if my footsteps are not planned
I think it's time for me to take a stand.
I will stand for everything good
I will stand where prophets once stood
I will stand in my youth, a witness for truth
I have found, on holy ground, I will stand

I'm standing as a witness for all the truths I know
In all times and in all of the places that I go
Life has many choices and voices that divide
So I'll be standing on the Saviors side
I will stand where others may fall
I will stand and hold my head tall
I will stand in my youth, a witness for truth
I have found, on holy ground, I will stand

I will stand all of my days
I will stand and follow his ways
I will stand in my youth
A witness for truth
I have found, on holy ground, I will stand

I will have to find out who wrote this wonderful song for you and add it later. I wrote the words from memory. They seem to be stamped in my brain right now. I'm pretty sure it's because I need to work on them. I love you all and hope you have a lovely day!

ps... I am only up at this crazy hour because I passed out last night at 6 O'clock.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

It is beautiful. Let me know if you know any songs about being Anchored in Christ. We are using Ether 12:4 as our camp scripture and our theme. It should be lots of fun. I am not musical at all though, so any suggestions you have will be greatly appreciated.

Laura said...

The girls sounded beautiful at New Beginnings! It was my first NB, so the experience was delightful.

I can tell the girls feed off of your passion for music because they all took it very seriously and sounded just wonderful!