Saturday, September 6, 2008

The Haunted House Widow...

So many years ago... okay not so many, there was this woman that became a widow each haunted house season... which would start the end of July and proceed all the way through till the second week of November (clean up, ya know)... With the sale of said haunted house, shouts of joy were heard near and far, at home and in the town of the "Widow" for she was thinking "Widow no More!!!"... what a silly, silly woman... Now for shorter periods of time she is a Widow once more as her sweet and ultra talented spouse goes off to far off cities... ok, Omaha... for consultant work on a Haunted House... and there is talk... and at this point I'm pretty sure it's just talk of a NEW and IMPROVED Haunted House coming to a town near you... well that is, if you live in or around KC, MO... of course I might be single in the near future if that were to occur... I won't really be quite that unhappy... heck I put up with it for almost 20 years, and made some dear, dear friends because of the last one, and had a ton of fun on occasion, so I'm sure I would survive a new one, even if it makes me a little crazy (ok, a lot crazy, and a little weepy and blue too)... and leaves me as the HH WIDOW for months on end... oh well... more later.

2 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

stinks huh.....i am that widow during the summer, or during the end of a job.....yuck!! sorry to say, for your sake....I would be so excited to have a new one here....hopefully the name won't have words in it that I can't tell my kids....so then I can take them and scare them to death!! Muashahahahahahahahah!! [total evil laughter]

The Smiths said...

Hahahaha. You knew it wouldn't last. What else is Brent going to do with all his "spare" time?! Love you guys and miss you lots, Renee