Saturday, March 28, 2009

Surround Yourself With Sunshine...

I am choosing to surround myself with sunshine... I will pretend the sun is shining like its supposed to do... It did officially turn spring a week ago yesterday... I mean come on now... nuf already! So today I choose to surround myself with sunshine. I got the phrase from one of my favorite Janice Kapp Perry songs, "Surround Yourself With Joy". What a beautiful thought... so I am trying... I working on the Sunshine right now.

Surround Yourself With Joy

Life holds much of sorrow that we cannot avoid,
So when you have the chance, When you have the choice,
Surround yourself with joy.

Surround yourself with children, so innocent and sweet,
For life can seem so simple if you can make believe,
Surround yourself with music, and you'll find solace there.
For when your heart is tender your song becomes a prayer
Life holds much of sorrow that we cannot avoid,
So when you have the chance, When you have the choice,
Surround yourself with joy.


Surround yourself with friendship when you feel all alone,
For in the love of others the sweetest joys are known.
Surround yourself with beauty, enjoy God's handiwork,
In sights and sounds of nature the voice of God is heard.
Life holds much of sorrow that we cannot avoid,
So when you have the chance, When you have the choice,
Surround yourself with joy.

Surround yourself with silence for when you are alone
the whisp'rings of the spirit are quietly made known
Surround yourself with Heaven in every waking thought
For there is peace and safety within the Love of God.
Life holds much of sorrow that we cannot avoid,
So when you have the chance, When you have the choice,
Surround yourself with joy.

Huh... could'a sworn the words... Surround yourself with Sunshine were in there... maybe its in the surround yourself with joy... right now sunshine would certainly bring joy... so that is my happy place... I am choosing to be Surrounded by Sunshine (joy).

Off to start my day... have a beautiful sunshiney day, even if its snowing a blizzard or a gray and dismally day.

Love, Kimberly

ps... can you hear the music? I can... that's my true joy!

1 comments:

The Smiths said...

You are so funny. We actually have a partly sunny day today (34 degrees) in between snowy days!!! I thought spring was here. oh well. Love and miss you bunches, Renee