Saturday, October 6, 2007

Momma and Daddy's Marker...


Renee did such a beautiful job selecting the marker for Mom's and Dad's grave site. It was very cloudy and windy today and this is the best shot I was able to get. I had to clear off all the stuff that the wind had blown across the marker.

I went for a walk this morning, and as I walked along the country roads my thoughts turned to our sweet momma. I sang your song, momma, as I walked along and gathered your flowers and knew that you were walking along right beside me. (I wished I had been able to gather "armfuls of blossoms of blue") There were however, these tiny little daisies (which always made you smile) and the dreaded yellow ragweed that plagued your allergies through numerous fall seasons. But I looked at these yellow weeds and thought how lovely they would look with the tiny little daisies. I know that where you are, you are no longer bothered by these weeds and would see the beauty they created with the tiny little daisies. I know that you are smiling down, looking on and admiring the lovely bouquet they created.

I miss you and daddy, but I am happy that you are together again. I know he was surely missing you like no other. I look forward to a far off time when we can embrace once again. Thank you for all your smiles, support, and life lessons. Thank you for the joy you shared, for the good in all you were able to see, for your never ending testimony which you shared willingly, for your love of life, your shining example, and most of all for being you and loving me.

2 comments:

The Smiths said...

Thank you so much for the picture of the marker. I think it turned out nice. The flowers are perfect too. I know they are here with us and proud of each of us for the things we are doing. Love you lots, Renee

Laura said...

Thank you for the way you remember your loved ones-- how you sweetly cherish their memories. I hope you know how much inspiration and hope we have gained from your thoughts and example.