Saturday, August 11, 2007

Kearney 3rd Ward Girls Rock!


Last night the Kearney 3rd Ward YW attempted an all night reading of the Book of Mormon. Our spirits were certainly willing, but our bodies were weak. We had a wonderful uplifting experience interspersed with moments of silliness. We made it until 1:30 a.m. reading strong until the giggles of sleepiness overtook the spirit. The girls started dropping off by twos and threes. Occasionally even a leader nodded off. I know that is hard to believe, but it is true. We had Annie, Jenni, Tessa, Brittney, Tifanni, Mignonne, Sarah, Samantha, Cassadi, and Kylie (forgive any misspelled names and the lack of last names) that stayed the night through with Sister Rogers, Sister Duncan and I. We said we would give a Moroni award to any girls that made it all night through. Tessa, Brittney, Sarah, Annie, and Kylie...way to go... You ROCK!! We were so happy that the lovely Clewell sisters, Mehgan and Emily, were here for most of the evenings readings. I want to express my deep love and appreciation for each one of these sweet girls. It was so unbelievable to see the spirit grow as the evening went along. As we completed the First book of Nephi, the spirit was oh so strong. We know that our Father in Heaven; our beloved brother, Jesus Christ; and the Holy Ghost were with us and were pleased with the intent of our hearts. I was so proud of the young women for following along and taking over when their names were called to read. I cherish the evening and plan to continue this weekend in my quest to complete the Book of Mormon. I challenge our young women and each of you to do the same. The Book of Mormon is true, I am humbled at the opportunity to learn and grow from reading and studying the words of these great prophets of old.

I would be remiss if I failed to thank my sweet Brenton for all his help. He shopped with me for the dinner, he remained in the home as our priesthood holder and then woke early to make pancakes for all of us. Thank you for all your support. I love you! ~ Kimberly
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: