Saturday, August 18, 2007

Whenever I feel the rain on my face...


Everyone needs a place to relax. It can be different for each of us. Mine happens to be the hammock in my back yard. I went out this evening to see how the camera would do on a few evening shots. Next thing I knew, I was laying on the hammock enjoying the gentle touch of the rain on my face. It's funny how certain things can bring a song to my mind. "Whenever I hear the song of a bird or look at the blue blue sky, Whenever I feel the rain on my face or the wind as it rushes by, Whenever I touch a velvet rose or walk by our lilac tree, I'm glad that I live in this beautiful world Heavenly Father created for me." That is how I feel. I wish I could write better lyrics of my own, but how can you improve on a simple truth. We have so very much to be thankful for. So many things that can bring us joy, if we but reach for them. Thank you to my family for all your support over the last several days. Sorry you had to put up with my grumpiness, I will try to do better.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

That is my favorite primary song! I just love the quiet moments outside by yourself, too!! I hope you get to feeling better, Kim!! WE love you!

**Wendy's At It Again** said...

I have a favorite place to relax. I think it's my bed...But I do like to go out in my front yard too. It makes me so happy to be in the trees and sit out and look up the road and see what's going on around my little world. I did do a major overhaul to my bedroom two weekends ago. I was tired of going into DeDe's room for tranquility so I took stock of what I needed to change in my own room and I feel a lot better about things now. Took out the bookshelves and the treadmill, then got a tv stand that also holds all the dvd, vcr, dish, tvguardian, and what not. No more cords hanging all over the place. So I really do love my bedroom now. Well, Love You!
PS...Heavenly Father Loves Me is also a favorite song of mine. Ever since I was a child.

Laura said...

Your blogs are so uplifting. I hope you don't mind that I read them. I really do find strength and encouragement in many of them. This is Peter's favorite primary song too. :) His mom would sing it to him when he was little. It does remind you that there are so many things that Heavenly Father has created for us to bring us joy and happiness.

Jenny said...

I love that song and I need a hammock!