Friday, August 10, 2007

YW's Slumber Party Night!

So I haven't updated in a while and I am feeling a bit guilty because I am always fussing at my sis and Misty for being slow... so here goes. Tonight is the big night of the YW's slumber party at my house. I think we should have a great turn out based on comments on Sunday. We hope to read the entire Book of Mormon. We will get started around 3pm and will go until the girls and the leaders pass out.... pretty funny.... I know this can be done. Both of my sisters have shared their experiences with the special spirit that was present when their wards did this. On our invites to the young women it said "Start your school year off with 'The Full Armor of God'. We are pretty excited to see how it works. We will see how long everyone makes it, but it will be wonderful no matter what. I will post some pictures and updates tomorrow. I am way!!!! excited!!!

My heart is full, I am so thankful for the opportunity I have been given to serve the lord in the young women's program of the church. I know that I will gain so much more from these wonderful young women than I can ever give back. I am truly thankful for the blessings that being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints brings into my life, for our righteous leaders that were put on the earth to lead and guide us in these troubled times. I am thankful for the examples, love, and support of my family and friends and am humbled to have them be a part of my life. I know that the church is true and that we are led by latter day prophets, that the true and everlasting gospel has been restored. I am so excited to see the growth of the church and am so very thankful for the missionaries that brought the gospel to my mother, then later my father, and then ultimately me. I am humbled by the knowledge that our Savior loves each and every one of us and has suffered even unto death for us. That he knows me by name and has carried me through my most difficult trials. I hope that I might be an example and an instrument in his hands. That I might touch the lives of those I come in contact with. I am thankful for each of you and wish you all the best.

Your humble servant and friend, ~ Kimberly

1 comments:

Seth, Sarah and the kids said...

Your girls in YW are so lucky to have you as a leader! You are awesome Kim! I hope you all have a blast, and get those scriptures read!! Good luck!