Saturday, August 11, 2007

I Think the World is Glorious and Lovely as Can Be...


I am drawn to our empty pond and the sounds of nature that resonate through the trees that surround what were its banks. (See main photo at top of blog) I have attempted on numerous occasions to persuade Brent and the children to walk down to pond bottom with me and listen to the chorus of nature. The rest of the family seem to think I'm crazy. Maybe so, but the sound of the wind rippling through the leaves and the meadow grasses is glorious. The sounds of the bullfrogs, tree frogs, and cicadas. How can such tiny creatures produce such a chorus? It is truly music to my ears and brings such a sense of peace. It's as if a symphony arises each evening in my own back yard. Just another example of the divine nature of the creation of our world. No man can replicate exactly the sounds of nature. Many have attempted, but I have yet to hear the same music that our creator has produced.

Because no one will join me but my little dogs, that is who is pictured here. Zoe, Dueter, Boo, and I went for a walk. My constant companions, much like the Holy Ghost. All I have to be is willing, open, and invite them along and swiftly they are by my side. Isn't it wonderful!?! I enjoy seeing their love of nature as well. I wish I could capture their joy as they leaped, frolicked, and chased the dragonflies, crickets, and frogs. They make me happy!

On a side note, don't you just love the picture of Zoe in the midst of my ornamental potato vines. She made herself a little bed and I just couldn't fuss, it made such a pretty picture. Dueter and Boo's pictures did not turn out so although they were present, no pictures of them at this time. (not that anyone but me really cares.)
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I resent this blog...once upon a time I walked down to the pond bottom, toting Gid and all....but, we still think you're crazy! HAHA, jk...LOVE YA!