Saturday, May 30, 2009

Chicken Wire Planter Project...

I have been one busy little gardner today!
Ok... so I would recommend wearing long sleeves and gloves if you plan to attempt one of these chicken wire planters... otherwise your arms will resemble mine and your hands will look something like mine did. You can see I was rather busy with planting flowers... but I pretty pleased with how everything turned out.
I love this old chair I lined with Chicken Wire and Spanish Moss... all it needs to finish it off is a bright spring green sweet potato vine.
Here is one of my completed Chicken Wire flower baskets... I think I may be in love. I have a lot more chicken wire and will be adding to my collection... fun, fun, fun! I will have to take a little better care of my hands and arms next time tho.

Let me know if you are interested in a little tutorial on making one of these little lovelies... you might be able to fake it like I did just by looking at mine tho. I'd love to here what you think.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I want to know how!! I have several chairs that need seats and This would be perfect! I just love the baskets. Shouldn't there have been some helpers there?

The Smiths said...

Soooo cute! You are so creative. Love you bunches, Renee

Niesz Vintage Home said...

Oh Kimberly! I love your chicken wire baskets! They turned out great.
I especially like the little chair planter. I've always wanted to do one of those and have it down by the shed.

There's another pretty bright green trailing plant called Creeping Jenny (sorry I forget the technical name). It has smaller leaves than the Sweet Potato vine and here in Ohio, I can stick it in the ground at the end of season and it will over winter.
I have it in all of my smaller planters this year and didn't have to pay a dime for it. :)

Beautiful job on your flowers!
Kimberly