Friday, June 19, 2009

Pretty in Pink...

Momma always loved butterflies. I guess I am somewhat the same. I've always been drawn to beautiful butterflies. When I saw this pretty pink fabric a flutter with butterflies... I knew I had to make Ashelyn something with it. I found some vintage buttons that were from Brent's Grandma Bailey-Ketchem's stash of old, old buttons. I am so lucky to have this stash to rummage through whenever I need a neat center for a hat or embellishment. It makes it seem like Ashelyn's Great-Great Grandma is smiling down thinking... yup, I remember what those came from. Good times.
Here's a close up of the buttons and the pretty little hat.
And here are two more hat in the making to go with the dresses I finished earlier in the week. You can't tell very well from the picture, but one is a light blue and the other is lavender... I found these little gems at the Dollar Tree... yup, that would be $1.00 each, before embellishments. What a deal!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice blog